Command Prompt Runs Itself Good or Bad? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, the computer i have is windows 7 and I've seen this happen every so often where the screen would quickly pop up with a Command Prompt that runs itself.

I could leave the computer idle or open a window and then bam it opens up and then just as quickly as it popped up it closes. I wanted to know if this is good or bad.? Virus, Trojan, Keylogger, Worm, or some other Malware but I want to know if anyone else as seen this?

So yeah the two things are:
    1st --- has anyone else seen a Command Prompt that just runs itself and then closes right away?
    2nd --- If so does this mean its bad sign of some sort of MALWARE? or good its just something that happens sometimes

I have virus protection but then again sometimes its never enough.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, August 12, 2011 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi SethRi,

It could be caused by many things, an application, malware or virus. And I know the prompt disappear very quickly and you even do not know what happened.

Therefore, I suggest you test this in Clean Boot, refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, August 22, 2011 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:41 AM

All replies

• بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

i faced this problem with adobe Acrobat pro.

i solve the proble with unistall Adobe acrobat pro and clean registery then restart and install it again.

Mohamed Abd Elhamid Abd Elaziz Microsoft System Administrator Abdul Samad Al Qurashi Co.
    Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:27 PM
  • Hi SethRi,

It could be caused by many things, an application, malware or virus. And I know the prompt disappear very quickly and you even do not know what happened.

Therefore, I suggest you test this in Clean Boot, refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, August 22, 2011 7:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:41 AM