In powershell create balloon notification longer than 5 seconds RRS feed

• Question

• I have a balloon notification that I am sending out to my users, they want the message to display for 30 seconds but I don't want to change all notifications to display for 30 seconds just this one.

I added a timer in my script to change it to 30 seconds but windows ignores it and only uses it system default of 5 seconds.

How can I change it to 30 seconds in my script and not override the 5 seconds for everything else?  Thank you

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:16 PM

All replies

• Please read this on how the timeouts work:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160064(v=vs.110).aspx

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by BOfH-666 Friday, April 27, 2018 11:52 PM
    Friday, April 27, 2018 6:23 PM
  • I don't mean to be dense, I don't see the answer to my question.  I am trying to run a script that displays a balloon tip for 30 seconds but I can't do it because the system default overrides my script and only displays for 5 seconds. I am not a coder, I don't understand C# and VB just a powershell hack.  Please break it down a little more, thank you.
    Friday, April 27, 2018 9:22 PM
  • If you don't read the info then yu cannot learn what it is saying.  The middle paragraph clearly states that you cannot do what you are trying to do.  This capability was removed in Windows Vista and later.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, April 27, 2018 9:24 PM
  • Thanks for the condescending response to a simple question of can this be done.  It's always nice to have people pointing out when you missed something, I thought you sent me to an article on how to accomplish what I was looking to do.  I didn't suspect you would send me to a link to find the answer was no. 

Maybe next time say, "no it's been deprecated, and here is a link stating that".  

Friday, April 27, 2018 9:52 PM
  • I just asked you to read it as it was a detailed explanation.  If you didn't read the article then you cannot know what I was telling you.

Techs must learn to become good readers of technical material.  Start learning now before it is too late.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, April 27, 2018 11:14 PM