Cannot able to save Excel 2013 file in Sharepoint 2007 document library RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have SharePoint 2007 intranet portal where in we have teamplace created for internal users to collaborate on documents.

Now we are having issues when using uploads Excel 2013 or Excel 2010 file on document library and try to edit the document.

Sometimes it doesn't allow to check out the file it say someone already checked out ..but when I try in my laptop its OK.

And some times when user opens the file it opens as non editable file and it does not take any changes.

Pls advise whether there is issue with SharePoint 2007 document library and Office Excel 2010,2013 files.

-- Regards Sandeep

Friday, September 12, 2014 9:58 AM

All replies

• The lock can apply in two places.  Are you seeing the message in your browser or does it arise within Excel itself?

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:42 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Steven,

When I right click on excel 2013 document and select check out it says the file is already checked out, but when I use different machine and login to document library with same login password its working fine.

2nd issue I am getting is when I open sheet and I change something in sheet I cannot able to save it as its read only copy and sometimes I see document is stuck in document uploader

-- Regards Sandeep

Friday, September 12, 2014 3:01 PM