outlook rule isn't working for all e-mails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I created rule with: If subject contented "phrase" -> Move to XY folder.

if e-mail is sending to distribution group (which I'm member) -> rule working OK
    if e-mail is sending to me -> rule not working, but when I run this rule manualy, so e-mails are moved to folder XY

Do anybody has any idea?

Thanks for everything.

Best regards.

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:00 AM relocated
    Monday, November 19, 2018 1:59 PM

All replies

• This is an Outlook rule?  Then I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, November 19, 2018 7:59 PM
  • Thanks, I've already written it there.

But if I create this rule in outlook or OWA, the rule works in the same way.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 5:57 AM
  • Hi,

You may try adding the "stop processing more rules" action to the rule and then see whether this issue persists. You may also try disabling all other rules except this specific one to see if the issue was caused due to conflict with other rules.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Hi, I tried Stop processing more rules, I had only this rule but result was the same.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 7:22 AM
  • Another idea?? 
    Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried creating other rules to see whether there is a same result? Maybe use the "with specific words in the message body" condition.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 23, 2018 10:11 AM
  • Hello,

How is everything going? Have you got an opportunity to try with another rule?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Monday, November 26, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hello,

I created new rule "with specific words in the message body". But result is the same. It doesn't work automatically. If I run this rule manually -> it's working OK.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

Have you tried rebuilding the OST file or your Outlook mail profile? It could be that the OST file or profile is corrupted as this issue also happens with other rules.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:14 AM
  • Hello Steve.

I've tried repair OST file. After repair I tried to this rule, but the result is still the same.

When I create this rule to another user -> it works perfectly. 

Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:24 AM

What if we configure this mailbox on the other user's computer? Does this issue follow with the mailbox?

By the way, how about a new Outlook profile? You don't need to delete your original profile, just create a new one for testing.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Friday, November 30, 2018 10:16 AM
  • Hi Steve,
    I created new profil, created new rule. But result was the same.

I deleted all rules. In another PC where is Office 2007 I created new profil and rule. A tried the rule but when I received an e-mail with "-AVAST-" in subject -> nothing has happened. When I run this rule manually -> the e-mail was moved to required folder.

And how I wrote. When an e-mail is sent to distribution group (where I'm a member) this rule work fine.

It's very interesting. I'm a bit sad of it.

Regards,
    Jiri

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:21 AM

Could you capture a screenshot of the rule you created and provide the screenshot here?

Besides, you can try cleaning all rules with the /cleanrules switch and then try creating the rule from within OWA to see the result. To use the command line, exit Outlook first, press Win+R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanrules and press Enter.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:12 AM
  • I cleaned rules via CMD, after that I created new rule via OWA (picture is inserted)

The new rule created via OWA

Rule

Received an e-mail

new received e-mail

Start rule manually 

after manuallu start

Received an e-mail (sent to d-group where I'm a member)

sent to d-group

• Edited by hunter_x Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:53 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:52 AM
  • Hi everybody,
    I have still this problem.

Does anybody have any idea with it? I'm a bit... You known.

Thanks for everything.

• Edited by hunter_x Tuesday, April 2, 2019 5:29 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:46 AM