none
Visual Reports RRS feed

• Question

• I am running a visual report - Resource Usage - Work Availability Report.  using a monthly axis, I'm finding the last month on my graph is showing all 3 data points.  It is showing Work, but no Work Availability or Work Remaining.  Any idea what may be driving that?  Because it's graphing a pivot table I can't just update the xls file.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Judy,

In the visual report feature, you can configure your own template. For example if you use an assignment summary template, you'll be able to add the remaining work or more information based on your need. Be aware that depending on the template you're choosing in MS Project, available fields will be different.

Then in Excel you can edit the pivot table in order to add/remove fields.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:08 PM
  • JudySG1,

First of all what version of Project are you using? Is it updated with the latest service pack?

There could be many reason why the data is not quite what you expect but without more details, we'd be hard pressed to give you a definitive answer. It would help if you could show a screenshot of the Resource Usage view and the Excel pivot table.

John

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Indeed as John said, a screenshot would help.

I generated the visual report in question and I got work, work availability and remaining availability.

Be sure that in the PivotTable field list, the 3 fields are checked.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:40 PM
  • Hi Judy,

What release of Project and what service pack level, please?  I recall seeing a similar issue in Project 2010 with SP-2. 

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:01 PM