none
Update ruined everything RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

WTH!!!!!

So my windows 8 just updated, I restarted, and when it starts up, running through a new process mind you, I find that all my settings are gone, I can't pin any programs to my taskbar because it is locked. I can't unlock it because none of the system setting changes I make are saving, the computer apparently doesn't have an app to open http, though Chrome works fine, none of the default programs are working. I haven't tested to see if I can install anything yet, but I somehow think I will have difficulties there. I do not need this hassle when two hellish assignments are just around the corner!!!

WTH Microsoft!

Friday, September 13, 2019 10:26 PM

All replies

• So my windows 8 just updated, I restarted, and when it starts up, running through a new process mind you, I find that all my settings are gone, I can't pin any programs to my taskbar because it is locked. I can't unlock it because none of the system setting changes I make are saving, the computer apparently doesn't have an app to open http, though Chrome works fine, none of the default programs are working. I haven't tested to see if I can install anything yet, but I somehow think I will have difficulties there. I do not need this hassle when two hellish assignments are just around the corner!!!

WTH Microsoft!

Hello,

Microsoft no longer supports Windows 8 as it reached end of support. Please refer this support article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

You must install Windows 8.1 now, which is supported till 2023.

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:45 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you to upgrade your windows system to windows 8.1.And I reviewed some articles,here is a method may help you:

1) Go to program files (make sure "show hidden folders and files is on")

2) Right click on windowsapps and go to properties-> security tab->advanced

3)Click on continue to view the permissions of object

4) For the owner it will show TrustedInstaller, click on change

5) A new window will open->select object types->select groups and then click on ok.

6)In the space below "Enter the object Name", type ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES

7) Next press ok, it will take some time for the owner to change. 8) Last step is to restart your system.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:13 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:53 AM