none
Outlook Calendar REST API to access on-premise Exchange server

Question

• Hello,

I'm creating an ASP.NET Core application that should implement the functionality of letting a user see other users calendar-appointments in a scheduler.

All users and their calendar-information is on an on-premise exchange server 2016 and now I'm trying to figure out what alternatives I have to accomplish this.

From what I have understood, there are one way to approach this, but potentially two? I realize that I can use the EWS Managed API in my application to retrieve calendar-appointment-information to show in the scheduler. But can I also use the Outlook Calendar REST API to accomplish this?

I have looked at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/api/calendar-rest-operations to try and figure out how to use this with the work-email-addresses that are located on the Exchange-server. But we don't have Office 365 or Exchange online. Can the Outlook REST API still be used to accomplish this? And if that's the case - where can I find out how to do it?

Thank you in advance

Best regards Isak

Friday, May 11, 2018 7:30 AM

All replies

• I don't know if the REST API will allow this, however I would strongly suggest using EWS since its more robust and will be supported for a long time

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Friday, May 11, 2018 6:04 PM
  • Hi Isak

did you manage to implement your tool? we are interested to buy it from you or collaborate with you,

thanks

a.

Saturday, August 18, 2018 3:12 PM
  • My original suggestion of EWS is not longer relevant as its getting replaced with Graph https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/blogs/upcoming-changes-to-exchange-web-services-ews-api-for-office-365/

What is it your looking to accomplish and is this for a commercial project or internal corporate use project?

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Saturday, August 18, 2018 10:27 PM