none
Disable "Get Office 365" notifications RRS feed

• Question

• Over the past couple days I have been bombarded by spam from Microsoft to try Office 365. It appears as a notification "Get Office 365" which if I click on opens an app called Get Office 365. I uninstall that app.

Couple hours later I get it all over again. What is installing this app? How can I disable this crap?

Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:27 AM

Answers

• I found a fix for this issue. Uninstall Windows 10. Microsoft is a scumlord.
    • Marked as answer by Tkaya Friday, April 8, 2016 6:58 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Tkaya,

Thank you for your question.

By your post, we consider your OS is Window 10. If that, we could refer to the following steps to check if the issue persist:

1.        Run “Task Scheduler” in search bar
    2.        Then navigate to “Task Scheduler Library” to check if there is an item which is related to “Get Office 365”, then delete it
    3.        Finally uninstall “Get Office 365” application to check if the issue persist

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 9, 2015 2:50 AM
  • I have uninstalled the app several times. It keeps reappearing along with "Get Skype".

Yes running Windows 10 Pro RTM x64.

I was unable to find anything relating to "Get Office" in task scheduler.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:41 PM
  • I got my first "Get Office 365" notification on Windows 10 this morning and went hunting for a solution. Here's what I did:

1. In the Start Search bar, type "notifications"

2. Choose the option labeled "Turn app notifications on or off" (second result for me)

3. This will bring you into the System dialog -> Notifications & actions tab. The bottom portion of the dialog has a section titled "Show notifications from these apps". Toggle off notifications for the app called "Get Office".

I just did this, so I can't tell you whether it's been effective yet, but my guess is that it'll work. I'm also guessing that uninstalling the "Get Office 365" app, while momentarily satisfying, is ultimately counterproductive--Windows is probably always going to restore it, and it may be getting restored with default notifications settings (i.e. notifications on).

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by K. Mitchell Sunday, August 16, 2015 7:41 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 4:03 PM
  • I tried your method but windows will not let me toggle "get office 365" or "onedrive" notifications
    • Edited by scot57 Sunday, October 18, 2015 7:20 AM
    Sunday, October 18, 2015 7:11 AM
  • Same here..it is grayed out and won't let me toggle for various apps.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 4:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tkaya Friday, April 8, 2016 6:58 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:25 PM
    Ultimately this is what I did as well. For various reasons other than the above topic. 
    Friday, April 8, 2016 6:58 PM