none
IE 11 won't work with databases RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to work at home. Thomson ONE database won't work with IE 11.   (Unfortunately, I had automatic update on.. now I'm stuck... and it is Saturday afternoon... (i'm furious too!)  can i shift back to the older version of IE easily?) 
    Saturday, December 7, 2013 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

contact your company's system administrators. They need to add x-ua meta data to their websites to force IE to use an earlier rendering model.

or

Tools>Compatibility View Settings,

ensure "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" is checked....

add the domain of the website you are using to the Compatibility View List.

when asking questions in internet related forums its helpful if you include the full addresses of any websites you are having issues with so that the support engineers can investigate fully.

Post consumer questions to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE). In the first instance for company networks, contact your system administrators or company help desk.

this forum is for questions from IT Professionals who administer domain networks for 100's of PC's.

Rob^_^

Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:50 AM
  •   can i shift back to the older version of IE easily?

Hi,

If your OS is Windows 8.1, IE 11 is pre-installed which we can't downgrade to the earlier version.

If not, you can convert back to the older version of IE.

Uninstall Internet Explorer

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features
    2. Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
    3. Then click on Display installed updates
    4. Search for Internet explorer, right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

contact your company's system administrators. They need to add x-ua meta data to their websites to force IE to use an earlier rendering model.

or

Tools>Compatibility View Settings,

ensure "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" is checked....

add the domain of the website you are using to the Compatibility View List.

when asking questions in internet related forums its helpful if you include the full addresses of any websites you are having issues with so that the support engineers can investigate fully.

Post consumer questions to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE). In the first instance for company networks, contact your system administrators or company help desk.

this forum is for questions from IT Professionals who administer domain networks for 100's of PC's.

Rob^_^

Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:50 AM
  •   can i shift back to the older version of IE easily?

Hi,

If your OS is Windows 8.1, IE 11 is pre-installed which we can't downgrade to the earlier version.

If not, you can convert back to the older version of IE.

Uninstall Internet Explorer

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features
    2. Go to Windows Features and disable Internet Explorer 11
    3. Then click on Display installed updates
    4. Search for Internet explorer, right-click on Internet Explorer 11 > Uninstall

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:16 PM