getting access denied for SharePoint approval workflows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a simple approval workflow and the user with full control permission was added as the approver for a particular workflow in a document library. When he goes for manually approving the workflow he gets access denied error. the same user when added in Admin list is able to approve the workflow.

Kindly clarify as why this error. The one with full control/ approve permission should be able to approve the items. Any light on this!!

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

• User was added in approver group. The issue was with the Tasks list in site collection where workflows tasks are getting listed. user approving any workflows should have permission to this Task list. As I was adding user in Admin list he was able to approve because admin have full control over all list in the site collection
    • Marked as answer by zzzsharepoint Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:15 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you added the user to the approvers group?

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:06 PM
  • Hi,

Has this issue been resolved?

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:56 AM
  • User was added in approver group. The issue was with the Tasks list in site collection where workflows tasks are getting listed. user approving any workflows should have permission to this Task list. As I was adding user in Admin list he was able to approve because admin have full control over all list in the site collection
    • Marked as answer by zzzsharepoint Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:15 PM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:15 PM