How to remove SUP RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to start over with my update servce so i removed wsus and sup  but when i reinstall the wsus and sup i am still seeing old update meta data that is greyed out. It looks like it is still seeing all the old updates i downloaded.

When i go to critical updates > Microsoft > All updates

old updates there but when i chose to download it gives the following error:

"All Software updates in this selection are expired or metadata-only.  The deployment cannot be created.

• Moved by TorstenMMVP Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:59 PM moved to SUM subforum (From:Configuration Manager Setup/Deployment)
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

See steps below:

1. Choose all Classifications, Products and Languages in SCCM which you need
    2. Reinstall WSUS and SUP -> All Updates in SCCM are set to Expired=1
    3. After Resync all Updates which are still synced get the state Expired=0 all others remain on Expired=1
    4. All these Updates will automatically get removed during 14 days.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Centaur1963 Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, December 28, 2015 6:28 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:35 AM

All replies

• Did you delete the WSUS database too or did you reuse the old database? If you really want to clean out everything then you need to delete the WSUS db too.  

http://www.enhansoft.com/
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:08 PM
  • I will try and do that and let you know.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:33 PM
  • I removed both and when i go to Software Updates i am still seeing the updates that i downloaded.  They are all grey. and  There is no option to remove or delete these.  How can i remove these?
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Hi,

Remove SUP, execute the following powershell script on WSUS server, re-add SUP then synchronize again

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ScriptCenter/en-US/fd39c7d4-05bb-4c2d-8a99-f92ca8d08218?persist=True

Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:38 PM
  • Cool thanks i will run that on my server. It looks like i will need install the WSUS Service again to run this. I will let you know how it goes.
    Friday, November 5, 2010 1:52 PM
  • That didn't seem to work. I read that this metadata is located on the sql server database. How do I go about removing this.  This is what the updates looks like:

http://cid-339f51e91e743385.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Support/SCCM%20Updates.GIF

Friday, November 5, 2010 9:07 PM
  • Hi,

See steps below:

1. Choose all Classifications, Products and Languages in SCCM which you need
    2. Reinstall WSUS and SUP -> All Updates in SCCM are set to Expired=1
    3. After Resync all Updates which are still synced get the state Expired=0 all others remain on Expired=1
    4. All these Updates will automatically get removed during 14 days.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Centaur1963 Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, December 28, 2015 6:28 PM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:35 AM
  • I am not quite sure where u  set the updates to expired=1.  Is that something that is automaticly set once you reinstall SUP?

Monday, November 8, 2010 4:12 PM