Emails not being delivered to desktop Outlook 365 after alias change RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently made some changes to my email setup, including changing the principal alias for my Outlook Web Access.

However what has happened is that emails to this alias are no longer being delivered to my desktop Outlook 365. They are being delivered to my Windows 10 Mail (which I don't normally use or wish to use). This has, for some reason, been named Outlook2.

I tried removing the account in Outlook 365 and reconnecting. However the situation remains the same. Emails are only being delivered to Outlook2 in the Windows 10 Mail client.

Thank you for any advice...

• Edited by Jim Brook Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:49 PM

Answers

• (replying to own question)

The solution was to go to the desktop Outlook accounts list and remove an account with a very long name (Inbox [Outlook_2F739B4A202ADD99@outlook.com) which had been recently created by Outlook during the process of moving from one primary account. (It may have had something to do with the fact that the original primary alias was an old-fashioned POP). After that emails began to be delivered correctly.

• Marked as answer by Jim Brook Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:30 AM
    • Edited by Jim Brook Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:48 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:30 AM

All replies

• (replying to own question)

The solution was to go to the desktop Outlook accounts list and remove an account with a very long name (Inbox [Outlook_2F739B4A202ADD99@outlook.com) which had been recently created by Outlook during the process of moving from one primary account. (It may have had something to do with the fact that the original primary alias was an old-fashioned POP). After that emails began to be delivered correctly.

• Marked as answer by Jim Brook Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:30 AM
    • Edited by Jim Brook Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:48 AM
    Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:30 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Great to see that the issue has been fixed and many thanks for sharing your resolution here :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:46 AM