Project Online 2016 - Team Planner View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

Is there a team planner view in Project 2016 online? I want to be able to see all of our resources and project tasks in one concentric area that is simple to understand and re-arrange. 

The resource utilization capacity planning is a poor expression of this functionality that worked great in Project Pro desktop. 

Any insights if this is possible? 

Thanks, 
    Wednesday, February 21, 2018 5:53 PM

Answers

• Nick-SMTC --

If you are looking for a view in Project Web App that is similar to the Team Planner view in Microsoft Project, no such view exists in Project Web App.  If your organization is currently using Power BI, I think a Power BI report would come close to the functionality you are seeking, although it would not give you the drag and drop functionality you mention.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:15 PM

All replies

• Nick-SMTC --

If you are looking for a view in Project Web App that is similar to the Team Planner view in Microsoft Project, no such view exists in Project Web App.  If your organization is currently using Power BI, I think a Power BI report would come close to the functionality you are seeking, although it would not give you the drag and drop functionality you mention.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:15 PM
  • Thanks Dale, 

I hope this is a feature they can re-incorporate at some point. 

Cheers, 
    Friday, February 23, 2018 4:48 PM