vista mail and security popup RRS feed

• Question

•  

This started yesterday, have not installed any hardware or software. Windows mail when receiving or sending attempts to connect then a "Window security popup" asks me to confirm my userid and password. This also attempts to connect but just returns another popup asking the same thing. When you cancel you get the following error.

Account: 'geoff', Server: 'mail.virgin.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Mailbox Temporarily Unavailable - Please try again later', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Have tried third party mail product and although this does not get the security popup it still can not download mail.

Can someone help please.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:40 AM

All replies

• My friend has exactly the same problem that also startedsince yesterday. It seems it is a virgin.net problem: when yu follow the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/187785 link, and test directly using telnet, you get exactly the same problem. I don't have the ability to report it to Virgin as an issue, hopefully soeone has/will and they will fix it soon.

Rosco55

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:25 PM