none
Unable to edit GPOs from a Windows 10 machine

Question

• When I open GPMC console with "Run as different User" from a Windows 10 machine and try to edit an GPO , I am unable to edit/ modify the GPO and getting error as "Network Access Denied"

Run as account has full control on the GPO, and I was able to edit the GPO's from Windows Servers or from a windows 7/8 machines.

Has anyone faced similiar issue ? 

Thanks Vishnu R

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the delegation tab of "Group Policy Objects" container in GPMC. Any account here is able to create GPOs. The account you use should be listed here or better be a member of one of those groups.

In addition I would always try a second user to be sure there is nothing wrong/corrupted with the first user for which the issue occurs.

For every access denied error you should see an event log in the Security Event list. Optionally turn on auditing for "Directory Service Access" on you Domain Controllers GPO.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 03, 2017 1:54 AM