Outlook crashes when opening the "Out of office rules" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All and good day!

I got this problem

Screenshot

When I click this "rules" button, the whole outlook automatically crash.
    Already did rebooting the unit, reinstalling the MS office, installed the updates, make sure the unit is connected to the network, but problem still persist.

Office Version : 2016
    RAM : 16 gb
    Processor : Intel  Core i7

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, please start Outlook in safe mode: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter. Then go to Automatic Reply settings and click Rules to confirm if the issue persists.

If the issue can be reproduced in safe mode, please click go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, double-click your Exchange account in E-mail tab, uncheck the option "Use Cached Exchange mode", click Ok and restart Outlook in Online mode. Check if the Outlook crashes when clicking Rules.

Any updates on your issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Winnie,

i have done all of the above and Outlook still crashes when clicking on the Rules button.

Thank you

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:01 AM
  • I had the same problem and was able to remove the rule that was causing the problem by doing the below:

First backup your existing "regular" rules (if you have any). In the Home ribbon click Rules > manage rules and alerts > Options > Export rules.
    1. Close outlook.
    2. From the "Run" dialog box run the command: outlook.exe /cleanrules
    3. Import your rules back at the same menu where you exported them.
    Friday, August 10, 2018 12:19 PM
  • Hi, 

I would like to know are you setting out of office rules with Exchange server or without Exchange Server. Maybe you are missing any step or doing something wrong. You can verify your steps by reading this article. It is tried and tested by Outlook Experts. https://www.sysinfotools.com/blog/set-out-of-office-automatic-reply-in-outlook/

I hope it helps!

Thanks

Monday, August 13, 2018 9:00 AM