none
dirsync options RRS feed

• Question

• Using the Windows Azure Synchronization Service Manager, a consultant mistakenly had us delete the Attribute Flows for both contacts and group objects. The consultant is gone, but I need to re-enter those attribute flows in order to enable those object types to sync. Could anyone provide a list of the default attribute flows for these object types? I could probably re-enter the flows manually, but the attribute names in AD don't always match the metaverse attribute names, and I'd like to have a list to go by.

On another, related topic, I tried running the dirsync config tool again, to see if it would replace or rebuild the missing attribute flows, but I'm getting a user name or password error on the last page of the wizard, and I confirmed that both the cloud and on-premises accounts and passwords are accurate. The event log just notes the creation and password change of the MSOL_* account, but no errors. Any idea what's going on there? Re-running the wizard to rebuild the dirsync config would be preferable to re-entering all of those missing attribute flows.

Thanks,

Mike

Monday, July 22, 2013 9:01 PM

All replies

• Regarding the second issue, the failure of the dirsync configuration wizard - this was due to the fact that the on-premises account existed in both the root domain AND a child domain, with different passwords on each. Once I changed the password on the child domain account to match that of the root domain account, the wizard completed successfully and dirsync is now running again. However, re-running the wizard did not fix the original issue of the attribute flows, as it did not make any changes to the configuration of the existing management agents. I believe I'll have to delete the management agents and re-run the wizard to recreate them, in order to reset the configuration.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Regarding the second issue, the failure of the dirsync configuration wizard - this was due to the fact that the on-premises account existed in both the root domain AND a child domain, with different passwords on each. Once I changed the password on the child domain account to match that of the root domain account, the wizard completed successfully and dirsync is now running again. However, re-running the wizard did not fix the original issue of the attribute flows, as it did not make any changes to the configuration of the existing management agents. I believe I'll have to delete the management agents and re-run the wizard to recreate them, in order to reset the configuration.

This was my problem also.  Thanks for sharing, you saved me more frustration.  I'm not sure why MS assumes that it is ok to just assume that the password will be the same for two different accounts (and without documenting this requirement).

Monday, December 9, 2013 5:45 PM