Assessment "Failing" RRS feed

• Question

• After MAP 9.6 discovers devices in our environment, the assessment then just fails.  I don't see any other information, but I've tried running the assessment numerous times.  I've also increased the SQL timeout setting to 6 hours, but it doesn't matter.  The assessment fails within minutes every time.
    Friday, June 23, 2017 2:58 PM

All replies

• Did the initial scan complete fully before you ran the assessment? Typically if you stop the scan or if it fails right at the end, the assessments won't generate and then they will fail afterwords when trying to manually run the assessment. I've also seen this caused from moving the database from one location to another.

Do you have the ability to create a new database and run the scan again? That's typically the fastest way to resolve the issue.

Friday, July 14, 2017 4:47 PM
  • By default the MAP Toolkit will install Microsoft SQL Server Express LocalDB during setup. It limits the database size to 10 GB max. Your MAP database might be causing exceed the file size limits of SQL Express issue and stuck with Assessment.

Install SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, or SQL Server 2012 on local server and create a non-default instance named “MAPS” before running the MAP Toolkit installer. The MAP Toolkit requires the collation order of the database engine to be set to “SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS”.

It should resolve your problem. :)

Thursday, August 17, 2017 5:23 PM