Import Visual FoxPro tables RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to import about 10 mil records every month. I created the SSIS package that works with CSV files as a test only. But I would rather import the Visual FoxPro files directly instead of converting them to CSV and do some cleanup with them. For the CSV I used the ForEach Loop Container, but that would not work with Visual FoxPro tables.

I used before the SQLBulkCopy class to import hundreds of mil records, but now I am using some update with some conditions, so I ended up creating my first SSIS package.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Doron
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Doron,

have you tried using OLE DB source component to connect to your FoxPro database. You need to set up the connection usin the FoxPro OLE DB provider.

Thanks,
    Bob
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Doron_F Monday, December 7, 2009 6:44 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 6:15 PM

All replies

• You should be able to use a data flow to import the data. There's a thread here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1211340&SiteID=1 that discusses various options for determining if a row should be updated or inserted.
    John Welch | www.mariner-usa.com | www.agilebi.com | ssisUnit.codeplex.com
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 11:35 PM
  • Hi John,

I am only looking for a way to import Visual FoxPro tables into ms sql 2008...I have OLEDB for visual foxpro installed on my computer. How do you make it happen? The above link did not discuss that...

Thanks,

Doron
    Monday, November 30, 2009 5:01 AM
  • Hi Doron,

have you tried using OLE DB source component to connect to your FoxPro database. You need to set up the connection usin the FoxPro OLE DB provider.

Thanks,
    Bob
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Doron_F Monday, December 7, 2009 6:44 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2009 6:15 PM
  • ok thanks
    Monday, December 7, 2009 6:44 PM