none
DPM shell after KB2581742 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Our servers were updated a few months ago with the interoperability hotfix. Since then I had the problem that the DPM shell crashes after executing a command, but it was not a drama: loading the DPM-snapin in a regular PS shell allowed to work with the DPM cmdlets.

After reinstalling my workstation I can no longer run any scripts because my DPM shell is of a lower version than the server side powershell. Obviously because I am missing the PS upgrade that KB2581742 refers to: DPMManagementShell2010-KB2581742.exe. The thing is, that executable is nowhere to be found on the internet. The only reference to it is in the article (try it yourself).

I presume the dpmui.msi that is supposed to be in that phantom installer would also be part of the DPM 2012 Beta, but since it went to RC the Beta can no longer be downloaded. The version of PS in the DPM 2012 RTM is 4+, so too high.

How do I get my DPM shell back now?

My grandmother always used to say: "::1: sweet ::1:"

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Jelle,

I am checking this out with the DPM Product Team.

I'll post here once I have an update.

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:51 AM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem, after installing the "System Center 2012 DPM Management Shell" AND "DPM Management Shell" from the DPM 2012 DVD I can connect to my DPM2010 enviroment.

J

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Even though the version number would be too high, it does work indeed with the 2012 RTM PS version. Thanks for that!

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:10 PM
  • I was wrong. It seemed to work at first because my script didn't throw an error when checking prerequisites at the beginning of the script. When a cmdlt is called later I do get an error that the version is too high:

Get-DPMProductionServer : The DPM Administrator Console version 4.0.1908.0 is incompatible with the DPM server version. (ID: 939)Ensure that the version is between 3.0.8150.0 and 3.0.8158.0.

Monday, June 4, 2012 9:28 AM