Outlook app keeps prompting to sign in. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

The Outlook app on my Android phone keeps telling me to sign in at least 5 times a day to my Office 365 account. When I click on the prompt, it goes to the "pick account" screen and appears to go through some process (spinning circle appears) and then everything is okay. It doesn't give me the option to pick an account, or ask me to enter a password.

This doesn't seem like expected behaviour. I've tried removing the account, restarting the phone, then adding the account.

Has anyone experienced this and managed to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:55 AM

All replies

• Two of us are also having the same problem.  Not just Outlook either, Teams, OneNote and OneDrive all seem to be impacted.
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Outlook IT Pro Discussions forum.

Then here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook clients for Windows or Mac. Since your query is related to Outlook App for Android, it is suggested to post a new thread to the following forum for Outlook for mobile phones: 

Android: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_amobile

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 6, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Seems like Office was having issues worldwide from late last night until this morning. 
    Friday, September 6, 2019 5:59 PM