Unexpected AppDomain Restarts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was working on an issue with appdomain restarts caused by following issues

1. Application is shutting down. Reason: Maximum number of recompilations was reached

2.Application is shutting down. Reason: Hosting environment is shutting down.

Application is shutting down. Reason: Maximum number of recompilations was reached:

After analysis we come to know that ,it is happening due to changes made to  aspx pages and content editor that goes in periodically updates.every time you update an aspx page it has to be recompiled but we are not doing any changes in aspx pages from last few days even though app domain shutdown is happening.in event viewer we were seeing a lot of the following messages EventID: 1305 Event code: 1001 Event message: Application is starting EventID: 1305 Event code: 1002 Event message: Application is shutting down. Reason: Maximum number of recompilations was reached EventID: 1305 Event code: 1003 Event message:

is there any easy way to find which page is causing app domain restart? please suggest me on this.

Application is shutting down. Reason: Hosting environment is shutting down:

After analysis we come to know that,this can be resolved by doing changes at shutdown application idle time 20 minutes to 60 minutes(in the performance tab of the iis app pool) but we did not enable the shutdown application idle time.is there any other issue causes the Hosting environment is shutting down?

Please help me out on this asap.

Thanks,

Bob

• Edited by Bob1101 Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:22 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:27 PM