Determine if site is loading based on setting from Enterprise Mode XML file RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're using Enterprise Mode to have some sites load correctly now that we've finally updated to IE11.  But we're having an issue testing sites trying to figure out if the page is loading correctly based on XML file.  I know if I chose IE7 or 8 Enterprise mode the icon on the address bar will change to two buildings (that's what it looks like to me).  But if I select IE5-11 document mode, the icon does not change.  How do I tell if browser is downloading the XML file and loading the page to the mode set on XML if I choose document mode option, regardless of which version?  Also where does Windows cache the XML file locally?

Thank you,

John

• Edited by JohnSimke Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi John,

Based on your description, I did some research, and I found an article which may help you. Please refer to the link:

Fix web compatibility issues using document modes and the Enterprise Mode site list: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-sg/library/dn872481.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tony_Tao Tuesday, August 2, 2016 7:12 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 11:53 AM

All replies