none
How to transfer notice field with more then 255 length to EXCEL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi together,

I need to transfer some fields to Excel and (Name, Number, Text1 and Notice).

All fields are not a problem eg Copy and Paste. But the Notice field make three points in the end of the field text if it is to long.
    What can I do? If it is maybe possible with VBA?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Tobias

Thursday, May 7, 2015 1:52 PM

Answers

• Tobias,

I assume that you mean the Notes field when you refer to the Notice field. Perhaps it's just a language difference.

The Notes field can only copy up to 255 characters or to the first line feed, whichever occurs first. The "dots" you see are called ellipsis (English) and simply mean that there is more text but it isn't shown.

In order to export the complete Notes field to Excel you will need a VBA macro. I wrote such a macro several years ago and I have had requests for it ever since. If you would like to find out more, contact me at the address below. I will ask some questions.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies and the 7th character is a letter)

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:08 PM

All replies

• Tobias,

I assume that you mean the Notes field when you refer to the Notice field. Perhaps it's just a language difference.

The Notes field can only copy up to 255 characters or to the first line feed, whichever occurs first. The "dots" you see are called ellipsis (English) and simply mean that there is more text but it isn't shown.

In order to export the complete Notes field to Excel you will need a VBA macro. I wrote such a macro several years ago and I have had requests for it ever since. If you would like to find out more, contact me at the address below. I will ask some questions.

John

jensenljatatfastmaildotdotfm

(remove obvious redundancies and the 7th character is a letter)

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hi Tobias,

See the following thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/3a7bbae0-7f1a-4061-91d8-49b7780beb30/exporting-notes-field-from-ms-project-to-excel?forum=projectprofessional2010general

in that thread, John has posted his email address.  He has written a macro (VBA) that he very generously makes available.  I suggest contacting him.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:09 PM
  • Hi Jon,

you should got an EMail from me

tobiasdotdotsturmatatgmaildotdotcom

Best regards

Tobias

Monday, May 11, 2015 12:46 PM
  • Tobias,

I got your message and sent you a reply.

John

Monday, May 11, 2015 2:10 PM
  • John,

thanks for all, it works fine!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Tobias,

You're welcome. Perhaps you would consider marking my response as the answer.

John

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:08 PM