Windows 8 and IE10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have loaded Windows8 Pro and Internet Explorer 10.  I am having 2 problems.  1. When in the normal Desktop version of IE10 whenever I start typing either in the search box or a data box in the web page itself the typing moves up to the address bar instead of the intended text box.  Is there a way to correct this?  2.  In the new IE10 from the new Start menu I have MSN.com as the home page but no pictures/graphics show up just the words.  However, when I am in the Desktop IE10 all pictures/graphics show-up.  Is there a way to correct this?
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:37 PM

Answers

• the first character goes in the correct location but then the rest goes to the address bar.

Usually that is a sign of a poorly written add-on changing focus when it interrupts and then not leaving focus where it should be.   Try using No Add-ons mode to see if that changes your symptom.
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• When in the normal Desktop version of IE10 whenever I start typing either in the search box or a data box in the web page itself the typing moves up to the address bar instead of the intended text box.

Did you recently install  Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard  support too?   If so, start running  mskey.exe  so you can see how many spurious interrupts it thinks it is detecting and generating inputs for.   They must be trying to create sales for more keyboards.   ;  ]

In the new IE10 from the new Start menu I have MSN.com as the home page but no pictures/graphics show up just the words.

Does  MSN  have  Flash for most of its graphics?   That would help explain this symptom.   If you assume that both browsers see the same content you could use the IE10 Desktop Developer Tools (F12) to find out for sure what content is not being rendered by the Modern UI Fullscreen IE.  (Can we abbreviate this to MUF?  Two less characters than Metro.)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 5:31 PM
    Answerer
  • I have not installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard.  It is very strange that almost every time I start typing the first character goes in the correct location but then the rest goes to the address bar.  I can not figure out why or how to stop it so far.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:07 AM
  • the first character goes in the correct location but then the rest goes to the address bar.

Usually that is a sign of a poorly written add-on changing focus when it interrupts and then not leaving focus where it should be.   Try using No Add-ons mode to see if that changes your symptom.
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Tuesday, January 8, 2013 3:09 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:17 AM
    Answerer