Outlook 2010 contacts missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to help a friend who lost all his contacts the other day.  He ran the tool to back out previous Windows updates which did not help.  I pulled several articles and tried to resolve.  I ran the fix tool and that did not solve the issue.  I tried to find the file in his C drive and did not seem to find it either.   His wife's Outlook under a different user name was not affected.   What else can we do to try and locate the previous contacts?
    • Moved by Steve Fan Friday, January 12, 2018 6:24 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please press Ctrl + 3 to switch to the contact pane and right click the contacts folder > Properties > Outlook Address book Tab > Check the option "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book"

If it is no avail, you may try creating Outlook profile for test.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Cheers,

Saurabh

Please remember to mark the solution as the answer using "Mark as Answer". If you find a solution to be helpful, please use Vote as Helpful

Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:28 PM
  • Hi,

Which type of email account is your friend using? Exchange, IMAP or POP3? This could help determine where the contacts are by default stored.

If using Exchange account, you may first try to log onto OWA and see whether you can still see the contacts.

Where are the contacts stored? In the default Contacts folder of the user's primary account or in a separate PST file?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, January 15, 2018 8:59 AM
    Friday, January 12, 2018 8:20 AM
  • I am having the same issue with one of my customers. He was cleaning up his files and now his contacts are gone. He is using POP3. Can anyone give me some advice on how to restore the contacts?
    Monday, December 17, 2018 2:14 PM