none
Data Base in Read-only mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We created out new SharePoint 2019 Farm of 3 SharePoint Servers and 2 SQL Servers (Cluster). When I try to create a new web application I get an error:

Cannot update database on SQL Server instance '<servername>'.  Database is read/only. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.  Failed to update database "SharePoint_AdminContent_<GUID>" because the database is read-only.

We checked but the data is not read-only and the status is (Synchronizing) as it should be. We have no idea what the problem is but we also get a warning on the Central Administration page saying:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we've made OneDrive and sites read-only while we do some maintenance.

This is an on-premise farm and we have no connection to One Drive. I thought it's because the farm is in "maintenance mode" but we checked through PowerShell and it wasn't. Can anybody help please? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Friday, October 23, 2020 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Hisham Q,

The SharePoint Server products and SharePoint Online services forums have transitioned to Microsoft Q&A, 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/products/m365

I am writing this reply to inform you that I have created a question in the Q&A for your issue here.

Now an answer has been posted on that thread. You could go have a check and communicate with community memebers there.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

"SharePoint" forums will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SharePoint" forums' new home on Microsoft Q&A !

Wednesday, October 28, 2020 9:48 AM