Outlook 2013 autoarchive function not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• I’m working on a Non-Exchange server email account

The autoarchive function works fine if I manually start it or if I close/open Outlook 2013. The problem is that I leave Outlook running and the archive function will not kick off every day as scheduled (unless I close/open Outlook).

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your detailed AutoArchive settings? Could you please provide a screenshot about it? Is a window enabled to be prompted when the AutoArchive runs? Please check the following registry keys for AutoArchive settings:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Preferences

DoAging: This value determines whether AutoArchive is enabled or not. When it is set to 1, it is enabled. When it is set to 0, it is disabled.

EveryDays: This value determines how often AutoArchive should run in with its frequency set in days.

LastAged: This value name determines the last time AutoArchive ran. Its value is in minutes after January 1, 1601 (the base of which dates are calculated within Windows).

Please wait for one day and confirm if the Data Modified is updated for the Archived PST file in File Explorer.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 24, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Thanx winnie for the reply

it will run automatically if we close and open Outlook but it will not run daily if Outlook stays open.

The problem is that I leave Outlook running and the archive function will not kick off every day as scheduled (unless I close/open Outlook)

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:50 AM
  • It is by default. Outlook will run automatically if you close and open Outlook but it will not run daily of Outlook keep opening.

Read the article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/830119/description-of-the-autoarchive-feature-in-outlook

It says: The AutoArchive feature runs automatically whenever you start Outlook. Outlook checks the AutoArchive properties of each folder by date and moves old items to your archive file. Items that are moved to the Deleted Items folder are deleted. 

Friday, March 3, 2017 6:57 AM