none
WORK PRODUCTS AND REFERENCE DOCUMENTS IN MS PROJECT RRS feed

• Question

• DEAR ALL,

Please guide me that if there any option in MS Project 2007 to attach the reference documents of my project ?

kind response is request.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:13 AM

All replies

• 2 ways you could do this:

Method 1
    You can use the Hyperlink field against tasks to link to a document or folder, whether on a network drive or in some other document store (such as SharePoint).

So if you had a summary task covering one stage of a project, and you also had a document which defined what the scope of that stage was, you could populate the Hyperlink Address column with its location (e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\My Documents\Design Stage Definition Document.pdf".

You could then put a user friendly name in the Hyperlink column, such as "Stage Definition Document". This would then let you link out to a single document from the task by clicking on the column value, which will be formatted as a hyperlink.

If you had multiple documents you want to link to, as long as they all sit within the same folder you could just link to the folder, i.e. setting the Hyperlink Address to "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\My Documents\".

There may be additional options if you're using Project Professional/Server 2010 and Sharepoint, but I'm only experienced with non-server deployments.

Method 2
    Additionally, you can also insert objects into the notes field for any object. So if you double click on a task to open the Task Information dialogue, and open the Notes tab, there is an icon at the right end of the toolbar with the tooltip Insert Object. This allows you to insert an OLE object, such as an Excel doc or Word doc.

If you use this method, I'd recommend inserting a link rather than a copy of the object, as that will prevent you getting conflicting document versions.

Hope this helps,
    Andrew

• Edited by Andrew Simpson Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:33 AM Adding second method
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:26 AM
  • Thank you Mr.Andrew
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:50 PM