Desktop background goes black, taskbar rearranges or completely disappears RRS feed

• Question

• I think it was before the windows 10 update when it started but my wallpaper will completely disappear and it goes back, and if i go to hover over my taskbar to make it appear, the icons are either in the wrong place (my volume icon will be on the left instead of right and my start icon will disappear) or gone. Also on my taskbar, if I have any programs running with their shortcut pinned to my taskbar, the blue line indicating that the program is running will not show up. In order to get everything back to normal, I have to ctrl+alt+del and restart it. Any way to fix this?
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 1:30 AM

Answers

• Hi RavenJ,

For your issue about taskbar appearing, I consider you may set "Auto-hide the taskbar". Just right click the taskbar > "Properties" > Uncheck "Auto-hide the taskbar".

For you issue about the icons rearranged in the desktop, we consider you may set "Auto arrange icons". Just right click the desktop > "View" > uncheck "Auto arrange icons".

Since everything goes normal after you restart the PC, we consider if you are running any other 3rd party software. Please set the Windows in clean boot mode and do not run the 3rd party software manually to check if the issue occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Good luck to fix it.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Charles_Wang_ Thursday, December 3, 2015 1:12 AM
    • Edited by Charles_Wang_ Friday, December 4, 2015 5:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, December 4, 2015 8:27 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:56 AM