Some Bugs (Export Powerpoint, Grids) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Version: Proclarity Desktop Professional 6.3.2214.168

Export to PowerPoint : (Bugs)
    Some Graphs are truncated (cut)
    Some Graphs cannot be retrieve in Powerpoint : 'Impossible to Insert the View.." (translate from french).

In the Grid : (Bugs)
    If a member is added into the current axe, order is broken. the sort is automatically done by alphabetical.

In the Graph Sadimprovment)
    Cannot display Label And Value (both), the first or the second is available

In the Interface  (Improvment)
    On time's line, when you select month level, to reach the last period , you must go to the right of line.

Friday, April 11, 2008 2:12 PM

Answers

• For number two, that is working as designed.  Your custom ordering is for a single view only, so if you change that view at all, it will reset to the cube defaults an you'll have to order it again.

For your first issue, this isn't a known problem.  Can you provide the exact steps you are taking so we can try to see what you're seeing?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:48 PM

All replies

• Hello Jean Pierre,

1)  What version of PowerPoint are you using?  And when you say graphics are truncated, which view types?  (Bar chart, Pie Chart, etc.)

2)  Please provide more specifics; is it reproducible in Adventure Works?  If so, reproducible steps would be helpful.

3 & 4)  These items are working as designed and would need to be submitted to Microsoft ProClarity Support as Feature Enhancement Requests. 

Kind Regards,

Amanda

Friday, April 11, 2008 4:32 PM
  • 1. Powerpoint version is 2003 (11.8135.8202) SP2

a.  Concern to truncate graphic , its occurs with curve graphic and performance map.

b.  Concern to insert view in powerpoint, the issue occurs everytime .

We can avoid the problem to save in a new book but it is enough binding .

2.  The problem occurs when the order is customized -> Translate from french (Tools\.customize order of members)

If I had a value (from any axe) my current order has changing , my customize order is skipped.

With the Database sample is similar.

King regards,

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:59 PM
  • For number two, that is working as designed.  Your custom ordering is for a single view only, so if you change that view at all, it will reset to the cube defaults an you'll have to order it again.

For your first issue, this isn't a known problem.  Can you provide the exact steps you are taking so we can try to see what you're seeing?  Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:48 PM
  •  

1. a . File\Analytics Server\Recover the book (translate from french)

b. Export\Export to Powerpoint

c. Create file is checked

Impossible to include Curve Chart in powerpoint

2. According to the order subject we will modify in the cube.

Friday, April 18, 2008 9:09 AM
  • Hello again Jean Pierre,

As Ben stated the Export to Powerpoint issue is not a known problem.  I have tried recreating on my machine and am unable to encounter any errors.  I exported a Decomp Tree and also a Perspective View; both export successfully.   Does this happen on every client machine?  And I notice you have translated some text from French to English; are you running an English OS with an English ProClarity and Office version? 

Amanda

Friday, April 18, 2008 9:13 PM
  •  

Hi,

You should add Append/Delete ACL file on c:\program files\commonfiles\proclarity\client\office NTFS folder, it creates the EMF file under PPoint subfolder.

Best regards.

Jcp

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:04 PM