none
Battery not charging RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dell xps with windows 7. My battery meter states plugged in but not charging..How can this issue be resolved?

Thank you

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:10 PM

All replies

• Probably check with Dell on this. They have have drivers etc or it could be hardware fault,

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 5, 2016 11:43 PM
  • 1. Unplug your charger, power off your laptop, and remove your battery
    2. Hold down the power button for 15 secs
    3. Put the battery back in, with the charger and reboot
    4. Check if this fixed it

You may need to change the AC Adapter also. Contact DELL Support for further help and assistance.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 12:00 AM
  • Hello,

See if suggestions mentioned here (works on Windows 7):

http://www.kapilarya.com/fix-battery-plugged-in-not-charging-for-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi Victor,

Please try to uninstall the driver for Batteries as below and check your issue:

1. Click Start and type device in the search field, then select Device Manager .
    2. Expand the Batteries category.
    3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft   ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
      WARNING:  Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
    4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes. 
    5.  Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .

Also, I recommend to download the latest BIOS update from the computer manufacturer’s website and install them.

In addition, contact the manufacture support to hardware testing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:29 AM
    Owner