Export \ Import Calendar from PST and overwriting existing calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm doing export \ Import of data to Exchange 2013 using PST export \ Import..

I have a PST files with a Calendar and Contacts.

When I'm Importing the Calendar and Contacts the Import job creates a new calendar and a new contacts folder.

Can you tell me how can Import the data to the existing Calendar and contacts sections without creating new ones ?

Thanks

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010,MCTS:Virtualization

Friday, July 10, 2015 3:33 AM

Answers

• This the cmdlet

New-MailboxImportRequest USERID -targetRootFolder "#calendar#" -FilePath \\server\pst\user_cal.pst

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

MCSA, MCSE, MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA, MCITP:Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010,MCTS:Virtualization

Friday, July 10, 2015 4:28 AM
  •  I got it to work using the cmdlet below:

New-MailboxImportRequest userid-FilePath \\server\pst\file.pst -IncludeFolders "calendar"

It simply only overwrites the existing calendar.

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

• Edited by Simon201 Friday, July 10, 2015 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Simon201 Monday, July 13, 2015 12:10 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 5:27 AM

All replies

• Please post the complete and exact commands you're using to do this.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, July 10, 2015 4:13 AM
  • This the cmdlet

New-MailboxImportRequest USERID -targetRootFolder "#calendar#" -FilePath \\server\pst\user_cal.pst

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

Friday, July 10, 2015 4:28 AM
  • So it's creating a Calendar folder under the Calendar folder, right?  That's what you're telling it to do.  Don't specify the -TargetRootFolder or specify the mailbox root.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Ed CrowleyMVP Friday, July 10, 2015 6:01 PM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 4:41 AM
  •  I got it to work using the cmdlet below:

New-MailboxImportRequest userid-FilePath \\server\pst\file.pst -IncludeFolders "calendar"

It simply only overwrites the existing calendar.

Exchange Blog:

www.ntweekly.com

• Edited by Simon201 Friday, July 10, 2015 5:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Simon201 Monday, July 13, 2015 12:10 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 5:27 AM
  • Yep, that's exactly what I told you.

Please feel free to mark my response as the answer or helpful as appropriate.

Friday, July 10, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Ed, can you clarify - will this overwrite existing entries in the calendar? I need to import an exported calendar into an existing calendar - but don't want to overwrite the existing calendar entries

TAG

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 6:34 PM
  • It should add items that aren't already there and if the items are already in the folder, skip them.

Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, November 3, 2016 5:18 AM