Transfer a Call and hide connected number RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

i have the following scenario:

User A: Caller

User B: Callee and Delegate of User C

User C: VIP

User A (Lync) calls User B. User B (Lync)  is tranfering the Call to User C (e.g. cell phone). The calling dialog box updates the connected number with the number of User C.

User C is a VIP and nobody should see his telephone number.

Is it possbile to prevent Lync from updating the connected number? Its similiar to the ISDN feature COLR.

Regards

Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:53 PM

All replies

• Try to use private telephone line for VIP user C, but I'm not sure it could be applied to cell phone.

MCSE 2003, MCITP (Server Administrator, Enterprise Messaging Administrator)

Friday, April 13, 2012 11:13 AM
  • Hi

I think that could be done on the media gataway with the manipulation rules. For instance +XXXXXXXXXXXX is a VIP mobile. Lets take something like YYY as a fake VIP mobile number and train secretary to use it if she forwards to it from Lync, or just put it to the address book as a "Mobile". Also you need to create a policy that prevents anybody except secretary to call this number. Route calls to YYY to the gateway. On the gateway create a destination number manipulation rule to convert YYY to +XXXXXXXXXXXX or 0XXXXXXXXX (depending on which is acceptable by the PSTN). Looks complex to manage but if you dont have a lot of VIPs - I think it could be a workaround

Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:36 PM
  • Are there any 3rd Party Addons, MSPL Scripts, UCMA apps for this use case?

BR

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:26 PM
  • Wolfgang,

Did you find a solution for this?

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 10:05 PM