Suppress Caller ID on lync server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a number of issues where employee's Caller ID is being shown and ideally it shouldn't be. This was a corporate decision to enable Caller ID and we now need to Suppress Caller ID for the time being. We need to Suppress Caller ID for all Lync extensions.

It need to be done Lync 2013

Regards

Jay

Friday, August 5, 2016 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hi

You will only be able to supress Caller ID for outbound PSTN calls. P2P calls internally you cannot suppress Caller ID.

You do this on the voice route there is an option to supress caller-id and replace with a standard main line office number. You will still need to provide a caller ID to your ITSP for call authorisation purposes, but this will be your main line office number.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Ye Monday, August 8, 2016 3:04 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 11:29 AM

•  

Agree with Mark.

Lync only provides the way to manipulate the caller ID for outbound calls you cant suppress CallerID for Inbound calls and between internal users.

Refer https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412757(v=ocs.15).aspx 

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Jerry Ye Monday, August 8, 2016 3:04 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 7:36 PM
  • Hi Jay,

Good day! I would like to know is there any update about your question?

Anything we can help, feel free to tell us.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 19, 2016 3:21 AM