big annoying problem please help me RRS feed

• Question

• hi to all who read this i was wondering if someone advise me on how to fix this or at the very least what is wrong with her...
    i have a dell insperon 531s vista home basic as a secondary computer (for the girlfriend lol) ok here is what happens
    power on and after the dell logo comes up it says "winload.exe is corrupt or missing" ok easy i thought just do a repair from a boot disk i downloaded for vista ok so i get it to boot from cd and click ok for language and then click rapair after a few mins the box pops up with system recovery and nothing is in the box its completely blank all is there is load drivers button at bottom and there and i dont know what i am lookin for so i tried to load anything and everything inthere hopin to hit the right one but nothing says basicly wrong file so i cant even do a repair ,, ok so its a pain so i will do a complete reinstall but when i boot from disk again it asks for key which i entered and then says unable to install and exits ....its like no matter what i do it will not work ... do anyone know what i can do to get it running i cant even getin to prompt as i need a device in system recovery to prompt and it will not f8 into safe mode prompt because unable to load past the error of the winload.exe please please dont ask me what was done to it i have no idea she says she only used it for facebook and messenger
    any help at all would be fantasic and i will never forget it thankyou for ur time
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:19 AM