Microsoft Edge 38.x and displaying immediately a web page in an new tab RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Using Microsoft Edge 38.x with Windows 10 v1607, how do I make sure that, when I open a new tab, the web page, that I would like, is displayed immediately?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto Balubeto

Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

I am afraid that it is impossible to set specific web page now. It is by design. The only thing we can do now is submit our suggestion using the built-in "Feedback" tool. I hope Micrsoft could change it in the future.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:33 AM

All replies

• right-click, select 'open in new tab' ?

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:32 PM
  • open a new tab, the web page, that I would like, is displayed immediately?

How are you opening a new tab?  Via a link?  I think that Edge uses the same conventions that IE does regarding links, so probably depends on what you have in Options, Tab Settings to determine whether you should be pressing Ctrl- or Ctrl-Shift- when you click on a link. In fact, by force of habit I use Middle-click and that opens a new tab for me in the background, same as IE.  I wonder what Ctrl-Middle-click does?...  Same as Ctrl-Click.  And Ctrl+Shift+Middle-click is the same as Ctrl+Shift+Click.  Who knew?

But as I said, what you get with each would be determined by your Options, Tab Settings; so make your choice according to what you want to see and what you want to do in order to achieve that.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, December 16, 2016 12:48 AM
  • Hi ,

when I open a new tab, the web page, that I would like, is displayed immediately?
    What is your main purpose? Please be more specific.

Are you trying to set up opening a specific web page while open a new tab in Microsoft Edge. If so, we could setup it here.
    Settings\Open Microsoft edge with

For the new tab, there are only three options "Top sites and contents", "Top sties", "A blank page". It is be design. The top sites will be shown according to your use frequency.

Best regards

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 5:59 AM
  • Hi ,

when I open a new tab, the web page, that I would like, is displayed immediately?
    What is your main purpose? Please be more specific.

Are you trying to set up opening a specific web page while open a new tab in Microsoft Edge. If so, we could setup it here.
    Settings\Open Microsoft edge with

For the new tab, there are only three options "Top sites and contents", "Top sties", "A blank page". It is be design. The top sites will be shown according to your use frequency.

Best regards

In addition to these three options, I would also have the possibility to set a specific web page so that, when I add a tab to Edge, this specific page is opened directly. So, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto Balubeto

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Hi ,

I am afraid that it is impossible to set specific web page now. It is by design. The only thing we can do now is submit our suggestion using the built-in "Feedback" tool. I hope Micrsoft could change it in the future.

Best regards

Friday, December 16, 2016 9:33 AM