none
MS-Pro Resource Plan Engagements versus Assignements RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question that I would like ask and have confirmed.  It is in regards to resource engagements. I.e., when a resource request is made and submitted via Project Professional (MS-Pro) by a Project Manager (PM), in no way does it affect the assignments of that project's task and/ or assignments (apart from the commitment indicator flag).  Right?

That is, if a resource engagement request with a generic resource specified, is submitted via Project Professional (MS-Pro), then the resource manager in reviewing the request in PWA, decides to substitutes the generic resource for a named resource and then approves that request.  At that point, the Project Manager (PM) will see in his MS-Pro Resource Plan view that his resource engagement request has been approved and transferred to the named resource from the generic one that he used to submit the request. This, in no way affects any of his assignments and / or tasks  in the PM’s project other than to flag in the indicators column if there is an inconsistency between what was assigned and what was approved in terms of engagements. Ie., it won't replace resources on tasks based on what was committed via the resource engagement request.  Right?

Thanks for confirming.

\Spiro Theopoulos, Montreal, QC (Canada)

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

you are completely correct.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:40 PM