Unable to initialize package information (0x00000000) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue.

I recently upgraded to 4.5 from 4.2 and have installed a new server and migrated the existing applications over from the old softgrid server to the new app-v one.

I tested the appliations on an XP client and everything works fine. However when I try to run them on a Vista client I get the error shown in the subject line.

At first I thought it might be an issue with the old packages, but even the default application package does this. It also gives the error on a Windows 2003 server.

I tried re-sequencing an app, but get the same error. Admittedly I am sequencing on XP, and testing on Vista, but it should still work, and the default application should work definitely.

Any ideas why it would work on XP , but not anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

• I have got it to work.

On the XP Box, the following settings appear:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\UserInterface]
    "AppIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-484"
    "TypeIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-483"
    "DDELaunchMSICommand"="I4CO@nb0b9f3XkSef%[-Release_Merge_Modules>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex \"<APP>\" <DDE>"
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftdde.exe\" \"<APP>\" <DDE>"
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sfttray.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchMSICommand"="I4CO@nb0b9f3XkSef%[-Release_Windows_Desktops>gNkKPt-'NA05f@sdSnKH /launch \"<APP>\""

On the Vista and W2K box, I have installed the SCCM Client and the settings are as below:

"AppIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-484"
    "TypeIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftcmcres.dll,-483"
    "DDELaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\SMS_CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\SMS_CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""

On the Vista Box I changed the registry settings to be the same as on the XP box and it works.

It seems that if you are running SCCM R2 then the DDELaunchCommand and DDLaunchMICommand seem to be replaced and point at the VappLauncger.exe, which does not seem to work with the setup I have.

Thanks for the help though. It would be nice to know why it doesn't work. If I get time I'll investigate further,  but chances are I'll not get around to it.

Paul

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:31 PM

All replies

• So you have problem of not being able to run any packages on Vista or 2003 Server, old or new? If so, it would suggest that there's something on those machines preventing App-V 4.5 client running properly.

Have you installed all the required pre-requisities components (Visual C++ 2005 runtime SP1, Application error reporting, MSXML 6.0 SP1) for client?

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:57 PM
  • I have got it to work.

On the XP Box, the following settings appear:

"DDELaunchMSICommand"="I4CO@nb0b9f3XkSef%[-Release_Merge_Modules>OO5hSGuIH?xoVn&wQ(Ex \"<APP>\" <DDE>"
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sftdde.exe\" \"<APP>\" <DDE>"
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\\sfttray.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchMSICommand"="I4CO@nb0b9f3XkSef%[-Release_Windows_Desktops>gNkKPt-'NA05f@sdSnKH /launch \"<APP>\""

On the Vista and W2K box, I have installed the SCCM Client and the settings are as below:

"DDELaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""
    "DDELaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\SMS_CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchCommand"="\"C:\\Program Files\\SMS_CCM\\VappLauncher.exe\" /launch \"<APP>\""
    "LaunchMSICommand"="k)(EkE%2$?l99WK,846GVirtualApp>zK9k'5[nIA]rp721l(`n /launch \"<APP>\""

On the Vista Box I changed the registry settings to be the same as on the XP box and it works.

It seems that if you are running SCCM R2 then the DDELaunchCommand and DDLaunchMICommand seem to be replaced and point at the VappLauncger.exe, which does not seem to work with the setup I have.

Thanks for the help though. It would be nice to know why it doesn't work. If I get time I'll investigate further,  but chances are I'll not get around to it.

Paul

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:31 PM
  • I have a situation where the Application Virtualization client conects to the Server and gets the virtualized application. When I try to load the application, it goes to the 'Loading(0%)' mode for some time and then goes to 'Idle(0%)'.

The application is not loaded that results in 'Unable to initialize package information (0x00000000)' message thrown when the application is executed.

What would be the reason for applications not loading?

My OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:06 PM