none
MS Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to generate a Visual Report using a text (Text 1) field, the field does not show up in the resulting Excel Pivot table.

I am using MS Project 2007, not server version.

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:17 PM

Answers

• That filed need to included while building the Report Template, say you have a Text 1 as a Task Level field and you are creating - Click on Edit Template Button.

1) From Custom Fields box (which appears below Available Fields box) and Add to right side box.

2) Now generate the report.

3) Custom Field - Text 1 will appear as the the Properties that you need to select and insert into the Pivot Table.

4) Right Click on the Task Column -> Show Properties in Report - it will list all selected fields of the task.

Attaching the snapshot, where in I have added Text Custom Field name -White. Look at the selections, it will help you find your Custom Field.

Sapna S

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:36 PM

All replies

• Bad news I'm afraid - to my knowledge the custom fields aren't accessible from Visual Reports.

For this reason, we rarely use this functionality in the context of my organisation. We find we have to export the table we want out to Excel to do the analysis and produce the report - which is less than ideal. Alternatively, we've got some VBA macros which generate reports for us, enabling us to access these fields.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,
    Andrew

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:30 PM
  • That filed need to included while building the Report Template, say you have a Text 1 as a Task Level field and you are creating - Click on Edit Template Button.

1) From Custom Fields box (which appears below Available Fields box) and Add to right side box.

2) Now generate the report.

3) Custom Field - Text 1 will appear as the the Properties that you need to select and insert into the Pivot Table.

4) Right Click on the Task Column -> Show Properties in Report - it will list all selected fields of the task.

Attaching the snapshot, where in I have added Text Custom Field name -White. Look at the selections, it will help you find your Custom Field.

Sapna S

Friday, May 11, 2012 12:36 PM