Taskbar bug with flashing orange buttons RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows form application that basically sits in the background, hidden, one of its functions being to change the active window from time to time. I have been using the Windows API function SetForegroundWindow() through PInvoke mainly to do this. However with Windows 7, on certain systems (/target installations) instead of making any particular application active instead I just get a flashing orange taskbar button (basically the application asking for attention). I then need to click on the orange taskbar button in order to give that application focus. I don't want to have to do this so how can I stop this functionality. Like I say it only occurs with certain Windows 7 target installations and I can't for the life of me work out what the deciding factor/option is. If there is no such option or way to specify the behaviour then as far as I am concerned it is a bug. Please prove me wrong and tell me how I can control this behaviour and not rely on hope that a target installation may or may not do it. Is there a way of forcing the application to become the active window?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Actually calling it a bug is rather strong language and certainly not anything more than my opinion, would love to be told the reasoning behind the inconsistency however.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This depends on the application. So maybe you can not force the application’s window to become the active window automatically.

Can you advise me that which application you use? Maybe the application have some related options to set it, please check it.

For more information, I suggest contacting the software publisher or post your thread at MSDN Forums.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Friday, December 24, 2010 1:10 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:21 AM