none
SBS 2011 Console and SBS monitoring not turning on. RRS feed

• Question

• I have following and applied the many solution associated with this problem.  I have to say that I'm not a subject expert on SBS Monitoring or SQL.  I followed the instruction at this link https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc1c66ea-56bc-457d-9416-d2f062384176/sbs-2011-console-extremely-slow-poor-network?forum=smallbusinessserver

Yet I still cannot get the SBS console to run normally.  Its extremely slow, chewing up Ram Resources and Showing false Client PC security setting.  The Client PC have MS security Essential and I checked them all and the Firewall is active. 

This is what happens, I'm thinking SQL Server needs to be reinstalled?  It was working great for about six month, I'vecheck any new updates and that shows nothing.  

MoveData PowerShell

PS C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin> C:\windows\temp\Create-SB
    SMonitoringDb.ps1
    Start-Service : Service 'SQL Server (SBSMONITORING) (MSSQL$SBSMONITORING)' star
    t failed.
    At C:\windows\temp\Create-SBSMonitoringDb.ps1:54 char:14
    + Start-Service <<<<  'MSSQL$SBSMONITORING'
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.ServiceProcess.ServiceControl
       ler:ServiceController) [Start-Service], ServiceCommandException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : StartServiceFailed,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands
       .StartServiceCommand

Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : A network-related or in
    stance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server
    . Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and i
    f SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see
     SQL Server Books Online..
    Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : Login timeout expired.

WARNING: Waiting for service 'Windows SBS Manager (DataCollectorSvc)' to finish
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...
     starting...

GAC    Version        Location
    ---    -------        --------
    False  v4.0.30319     C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\Mon...
    HResult 0x2, Level 16, State 1
    Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2].
    Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : A network-related or in
    stance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server
    . Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and i
    f SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see
     SQL Server Books Online..
    Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 : Login timeout expired.

PS C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Bin>

Luis

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that SBS console is extremely slow, chewing up ram Resources and showing false Client PC security setting.  

Based on my knowledge, Windows SBS Manager relies on a SQL database running on a SQL express instance called SBSMonitoring. Under certain circumstances, the database may become unusable, when this happens you can experience behaviors like the SBS console crashing, or incorrectly reporting the status of machines. 

You may try to create a new, blank, database to regain functionality. Detailed steps you may reference link below:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2011/08/22/how-to-recreate-the-sbsmonitoring-database.aspx

If the problem persists, please provide more information:
    1. SBS version.
    2. Console.Log (c:\program files\windows small business server\logs)
    3. Related events in event viewer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ST-CAT.TECH Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:37 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:25 AM
  • Thanks Eve, I did try the  link and once I ran the script I got the information I provided.  I'm ruining SBS 2011 Standard.  On Question 2, there is a lot of information, yet I haven't figure out how to send or even attache to this forum dialog.  On question 3.  I could not find anything an event associated with SQL or SBS monitoring.  Please excuses my lack of knowledge on some of the questions.  I know just enough to get in trouble, but if you tell me how, I would be glad to learn.  

Luis

• Edited by ST-CAT.TECH Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that SBS console is extremely slow, chewing up ram Resources and showing false Client PC security setting.  

Based on my knowledge, Windows SBS Manager relies on a SQL database running on a SQL express instance called SBSMonitoring. Under certain circumstances, the database may become unusable, when this happens you can experience behaviors like the SBS console crashing, or incorrectly reporting the status of machines. 

You may try to create a new, blank, database to regain functionality. Detailed steps you may reference link below:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2011/08/22/how-to-recreate-the-sbsmonitoring-database.aspx

If the problem persists, please provide more information:
    1. SBS version.
    2. Console.Log (c:\program files\windows small business server\logs)
    3. Related events in event viewer.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:25 AM
  • Thanks Eve, I did try the  link and once I ran the script I got the information I provided.  I'm ruining SBS 2011 Standard.  On Question 2, there is a lot of information, yet I haven't figure out how to send or even attache to this forum dialog.  On question 3.  I could not find anything an event associated with SQL or SBS monitoring.  Please excuses my lack of knowledge on some of the questions.  I know just enough to get in trouble, but if you tell me how, I would be glad to learn.  

Luis

• Edited by ST-CAT.TECH Wednesday, September 23, 2015 11:26 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:34 PM