So Many Problems!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need help! I just got this new laptop computer and it came with Windows Vista Home Premium and it is driving me CRAZY!

For one thing, it does random things at random times. Like I click on the scroll down button of a document, and instead of scrolling down, the document screen minimizes or closes down to the bottom of the computer screen. And it happens very randomly. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! It makes working on my documents take 3-times as long as they used to back when I had Windows XP.

Another thing, my documents freeze at the drop of a hat! Without me doing anything. I never remember my documents freezing this much and this randomly with Windows XP. My sister's laptop has Win XP and doesn't do any of this stuff. How can I get this to stop???

TimGal

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:35 AM

Answers

•  

Hi TimGal,

Thank you for the post.

To avoid confusion, let’s focus on the first issue first. Thank you for your understading.

The issue can be caused by the following factors:

1.    The mouse is damaged.

2.    The mouse is not fully compatible with Windows Vista.

3.    Third-party programs conflict.

4.    Viruses.

Based on the current situation, I suggest trying another brand and model of mouse to test the issue. If the issue does not occur, we can infer the cause is related to the mouse.

If the issue still occurs, let’s perform a Clean Boot to test the issue.

Clean Boot

========

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment., if the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please use your anti-virus program to check viruses. If you do not have any anti-virus program installed on the system, you can try the following programs that have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/windowsvistaAV.mspx

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, February 8, 2008 3:53 AM

All replies

• If your new computer came with Windows Vista preinstalled, then the computer manufacturer, and not Microsoft, is best equipped to assist you with troubleshooting any problems you may be experiencing.  Contact your computer manufacturer's technical support department for assistance.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:19 PM
  •  

Hi TimGal,

Thank you for the post.

To avoid confusion, let’s focus on the first issue first. Thank you for your understading.

The issue can be caused by the following factors:

1.    The mouse is damaged.

2.    The mouse is not fully compatible with Windows Vista.

3.    Third-party programs conflict.

4.    Viruses.

Based on the current situation, I suggest trying another brand and model of mouse to test the issue. If the issue does not occur, we can infer the cause is related to the mouse.

If the issue still occurs, let’s perform a Clean Boot to test the issue.

Clean Boot

========

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment., if the issue disappears, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If the issue persists, please use your anti-virus program to check viruses. If you do not have any anti-virus program installed on the system, you can try the following programs that have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows Vista.

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/windowsvistaAV.mspx

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Friday, February 8, 2008 3:53 AM