none
Shared mailbox strange behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• The set-up is quite simple two exchange server one mailbox the other a client access working on a single domain, we have few shared mailboxes which are accessed by several users, no problems found, they are enabled on AD, OWA access and good performance with Outlook (no sync problems, no too slow loading profiles, etc...)

All the mailboxes are stored on the same database

One of these shared accounts is different accessed by a different group of users, 8 in total, but only 4 can connect to the server trough Outlook at the same time, or the profile never loads and Outlook gets frozen on "Processing" or if load shows "disconnected" as connection status.

If one of the previously connected users logged-off one of the "disconnected" will become online without even restarting Outlook, the emails will start to flow and will have full access to calendars, contacts, etc..

The only thing that works is OWA all of them can connect to the webmail interface

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 7:12 PM

All replies

• You are most likely hitting some of the store/session limits. Check the info in this article (you can find links to the detailed TechNet articles in the More information section): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3115602
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:21 PM
  • Hi Vasil,

Many thanks for so quick response, basically I thought of that and I came across the same link, but the issue is that doing a test from a PC connected to the same network, adding only the troubled shared account from a clean outlook profile, without having any secondary mailbox set-up, meanwhile we were having the full team connected showed the same behaviour, getting stuck in processing, taking ages to load and once loaded showing disconnected from exchange server, once some members of the team were leaving for going home that PC started syncing emails, even without restarting outlook

But you can connect to the mailbox using the OWA without any connection or performance problems. We have few shared accounts, and touch wood, they don't show the same behaviour

It's driving me mad

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 10:18 PM
  • Hi Juanma,

Can you check your ThrottlingPolicy using Get-ThrottlingPolicy

or you can run 

Get-ThrottlingPolicy -identity ThrottlingPolicyName | select RCAMax*

You may want to increase the value of your RCAMaxConcurrency then assign it to the shared mailbox

Set-Mailbox -identity SharedMailbox1 –ThrottlingPolicy ThrottlingPolicyName

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 6:16 AM
  • Hi Al

I set the troubled shared mailbox to the global, just queried the GlobalThrottling policy and gives:

RcaMaxConcurrency : 40
    RcaMaxBurst       : 150000

Should be more than enough will see what happens next

Friday, March 11, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Keep us posted ;-)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Friday, March 11, 2016 9:18 AM
  • Started really well, but in the moment that more members of the team started to connect to the mailbox these new arrivals got disconnected.

I started the test Pc, same network than the others, closed outlook, deleted the profile, all the folders and files related with the troubled outlook profile on the %appdata% location and started from fresh, got disconnected without syncing emails again

Friday, March 11, 2016 12:42 PM