none
PWA 2010 -- Logging time for remote resources without network accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I am a project server administrator upgrading my organization from Project Server 2003 to 2010.  We have several contractors working off site who do not have access to our network.  In the past, we have been able to create resources without defining an verifiable network account, assign them to tasks, and then once a month when they submit their hours, manually upload them using the "Adjust Actuals" function in PWA 2003.  In the instance of 2010 we are building out, I have created the resources I need and assigned them, but since they have no network accounts, they cannot log in and when I go to Timecard Adjustment, I see the resources listed when I select "Unsubmitted Timesheets", all with a status of "Not Yet Created".  When I select the row/timecard I would like to adjust, and click "Apply", nothing happens (page simply refreshes).  Since the resources were created without network accounts and therefore cannot log in themselves, I cannot create a delegate session and create their timcards (I assume the not yet created status of the timecard is preventing my editing it), and until the timecards are created, I assume, I cannot enter their time. 

Does anyone have any sage advice?

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:06 PM

All replies

• A couple ideas that might or might not work for you:

1.  Create network accounts for the resources and then use delegation.

2.  Have the PMs update their assignments directly in the project schedules.  (may require changing configuration)

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:59 PM