none
GPO for IE Internet Zone setting under Privacy Tab

Question

• Hi

I am using Windows 2008 R2 DC to create policy but our forest and domain functional level is 2003

I want to set Internet Explorer privacy setting to Medium High (policy for cookies) under privacy tab. I could not find anything for this in computer configuration. So I went to

User Configuration ->Policies->Windows Settings->Internet Explorer Maintenance-> Security->Security Zones and Content Ratings

Upon clicking 'Modify settings' button I could set Medim High setting  for the internet Zone in Privacy Tab.

But this setting is not working. I can see policy being applied (this GPO has other settings too) but not this setting.

Applied gpupdate /force many times, even restarted the machine. User and computer both are in same OU.

IE ESC  is not enabled.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Friday, June 26, 2015 3:01 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

you are setting this in the wrong place, for IE 11 you also need to use a windows 8 or server 2012 to set this

http://gyazo.com/8815a9bef53bedb88392ffd4d491cfea

this should be set as a gpp not IEM

Monday, June 29, 2015 8:31 PM

All replies

• which version of IE are you trying to configure?

Have a look here and see if it helps

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~
    Questo post non fornisce garanzie e non conferisce diritti

Friday, June 26, 2015 3:07 PM
  • IE version is 11. I can add sites or apply settings under IE security Tab. But settings under privacy tab are not being applied using GPO

Friday, June 26, 2015 3:20 PM
  • Did you download the administrative templates for IE 11?

This post is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.
    ~~~

Friday, June 26, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Yes , but could not find the option.
    Friday, June 26, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Does this help?

~~~

Friday, June 26, 2015 9:33 PM
  • Hi,

For the IE11 version group policy setting, you should have a windows 8.1 or windows server 2012 R2 And Install  the RSAT( Remote Server Administration Tools ) to manage the IE11 group policy.

You can check the below article for more details:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2898604

Best Regards,

Elaine

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2015 9:07 AM
  • OS version is Windows server 2008 R2, One DC is running IE 11 other is IE 10. Servers, we want this policy to be applied on are also running Windows 2008 R2 with IE 11. Any suggestion for this scenario
    Monday, June 29, 2015 8:03 PM
  • Hi, 

you are setting this in the wrong place, for IE 11 you also need to use a windows 8 or server 2012 to set this

http://gyazo.com/8815a9bef53bedb88392ffd4d491cfea

this should be set as a gpp not IEM

Monday, June 29, 2015 8:31 PM
  • It worked. Thanks a lot for your support
    Wednesday, July 08, 2015 8:50 PM
  • Correct IEM is depricated hence GPP or admin templates is the best option for IE GPOs
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:12 PM