none
Backup data error (cyclic redundancy check) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

SBS 2011 std.

Backup is failing with below error. I have chkdsk both F: drive and the external backup disk. Backup disk had minor issues which were fixed by chkdsk. Backup still fails with data error (cyclic redundancy check). What can I do to fix it?

Google Drive is setup on a portion of F: drive.

Thanks

Regards

• Edited by Y a h y a Friday, October 14, 2016 2:25 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2016 5:07 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

According to your description, my understanding is that SBS 2011 failed back up with error “Backup data error (cyclic redundancy check)”.

If this problem only happens on drive F which has Google Drive enabled/configured. Please try to disable Google Driver temporarily, or, uninstall it if possible, then, have a backup and check the result.

Stop syncing files between your computer & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375081?hl=en

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Besides, you have mentioned that “Backup disk had minor issues which were fixed by chkdsk”, have you tried to run “chkdsk /f /r” again after this fixing to confirm the current state? Try to change the backup location to another available disk if possible and check the result.

If the problem persists, please open the Event Viewer, check to see if there is any relevant event log in 
    the system or application log.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

According to your description, my understanding is that SBS 2011 failed back up with error “Backup data error (cyclic redundancy check)”.

If this problem only happens on drive F which has Google Drive enabled/configured. Please try to disable Google Driver temporarily, or, uninstall it if possible, then, have a backup and check the result.

Stop syncing files between your computer & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375081?hl=en

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Besides, you have mentioned that “Backup disk had minor issues which were fixed by chkdsk”, have you tried to run “chkdsk /f /r” again after this fixing to confirm the current state? Try to change the backup location to another available disk if possible and check the result.

If the problem persists, please open the Event Viewer, check to see if there is any relevant event log in 
    the system or application log.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, October 31, 2016 3:12 AM