Access 2007 with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to Windows 7, I get an annoying message everytime I open an Access .mdb file which says "There was a problem sending the command to the program."

When I click the OK button, the message box disappears and I am able to use the file as normally as I would before the upgrade.

How do I eliminate this nuisance?
    Friday, November 6, 2009 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Miser4Ever

Thanks for your post.
    I found the following link related to your problem http://superuser.com/questions/41877/microsoft-access-there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the-program .
    Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
    Ananda.D

NOTE - Disclaimer
    The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Proposed as answer by Ananda Doddagatte Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, November 20, 2009 3:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Miser4Ever

Thanks for your post.
    I found the following link related to your problem http://superuser.com/questions/41877/microsoft-access-there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the-program .
    Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards
    Ananda.D

NOTE - Disclaimer
    The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

• Proposed as answer by Ananda Doddagatte Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, November 20, 2009 3:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:08 AM
  • I had the same issue and what worked for me, what going into the microsoft button top left hand corner, go to access options, then go to advance and uncheck two boxes called ignore dde and enable dde, then close it and reopen and see if you get the problem.  It worked for me.  :)

Thursday, June 9, 2011 1:43 PM
  • I have other problems with Access:

1. I can't debug.

2. I always need to check "Display Navigation Pane" in "Current Database" of "Access Options".

Any Ideas?

It's start happening from some version of the software I wrote in Access. I tryied to take that version that works well with no problems that I mentioned before, and copy to it the updated code, but the problems repeated.

It's like in some step I "break" the software.

It is very strange.

Monday, June 27, 2011 5:37 AM