none
Adding BPMDeveloper and BPMVeiwer roles to an account RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've read different posts and blogs stating that I need to manually add the account that I'm using under the application pool to the BPMDeveloper role on the SQL server I'm trying to access.  Can anyone tell me how I can add these roles to an account?  Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 9:05 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Yes, under certain circumstances, you may need to manually add the application pool account identity to the PPSMonitoring BpmDeveloper and BpmViewer role.

Specifically, under the following conditions:

If the application pool identity account of the selected SharePoint site collection is running under the LocalSystem account and the Monitoring System Database is located on a remote computer, then the local computer account needs to be added to the BPMDeveloper role in Monitoring System Database. A prompt is displayed confirming if the Monitoring Server Configuration Manager can proceed to do this as part of the installation. Choose the desired option. If you choose No, you must manually add this account to the BPMDeveloper role in Monitoring System Database after , as a post-installation step.

To add the account identity to this role, launch SQL Server management studio and expand the security folder beneath the PPSMonitoring database. Right click the User folder and choose to create a 'new user'. Click the button next to the 'login name' text field to choose the account that runs the Monitoring application pool, and then verify that "BpmDeveloper" is selected beneath the "Database role membership" section. Click OK and that should do it.

Did this address your question?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:10 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Yes, under certain circumstances, you may need to manually add the application pool account identity to the PPSMonitoring BpmDeveloper and BpmViewer role.

Specifically, under the following conditions:

If the application pool identity account of the selected SharePoint site collection is running under the LocalSystem account and the Monitoring System Database is located on a remote computer, then the local computer account needs to be added to the BPMDeveloper role in Monitoring System Database. A prompt is displayed confirming if the Monitoring Server Configuration Manager can proceed to do this as part of the installation. Choose the desired option. If you choose No, you must manually add this account to the BPMDeveloper role in Monitoring System Database after , as a post-installation step.

To add the account identity to this role, launch SQL Server management studio and expand the security folder beneath the PPSMonitoring database. Right click the User folder and choose to create a 'new user'. Click the button next to the 'login name' text field to choose the account that runs the Monitoring application pool, and then verify that "BpmDeveloper" is selected beneath the "Database role membership" section. Click OK and that should do it.

Did this address your question?

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:10 PM
  • Thanks a lot!  That's exactly what I needed.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 10:39 PM