none
Power Query Grouping/Delimiter Help RRS feed

• Question

• I have a fairly large data set from an external reporting system. I have managed to clean the null values, blanks, etc, but I'm stumped on the last thing I need to do.

In the “CPT” and “Dx Code" columns, new lines (delimter #(lf))were created inside of each cell for multiple values. I need to create new rows for each CPT and Dx code, that correspond to the same patient visit.

Row 1 for example... on 2/8/18, Patient xxxxx, has 1 CPT and 2 Dx codes, all in row 1. I would like to get this to show 3 rows, while keeping the date, name, account number, and dob on each row. I am new to power query (first try was today), but I am stumped on how to make this happen?

The end goal is to create a pivot table that shows the most commonly grouped Dx and CPT codes. i.e.  Dx Code M24.152 is most commonly grouped with M24.852 and CPT 29914

It will not let me upload a picture until they verify my account. I will do so as soon as I am verified. I hope this isn't too confusing.  Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:11 PM

Answers

All replies